When it comes to building an email list online there are a myriad of things that can hold you back or slow up the progress of your business. If you are just getting started with list building or have a small list that you desire to grow, then this article might be just what you need.
Building a list of subscribers online allows a lot of flexibility but it also comes with its own set of challenges, just like any other business online or offline. So it is important that you make every effort to avoid the list building faux pas that I mention below.
Here is a list of Five List Building Mistakes that you want to avoid:
1. Not having an lead capture form on each page of your site is one of the biggest mistakes that a list builder can make. If you are in the business of building a database of subscribers then it's vital to have a lead capture or what is known as an opt in form on each and every page of your website. By not having this form to capture searchers, you are losing potential subscribers and extremely potential revenue.
2. Not targeting your lists can result in an unfocused effort and loss of potential subscribers. By target marketing and narrowing the focus it is possible to build a list of subscribers who are responsive and purchase products and services. But the products and services must be related to the niche market and the subscriber must be ready to buy when the list builder offers it.
3. Not Building a Relationship with the list is one thing you want to avoid, because all your efforts can be for nothing if there is not a connection with the subscribers. The better the relationship, the more likely the subscriber is to respond and eventually purchase something. Build the relationship and the business will follow.
4. Not tracking lead sources is a major faux pas. Many small businesses do not track their lead sources and ultimately end up throwing money out the window or flushing it down the toilet. With online traffic it is very important to track but also test each and every traffic source. Today there are various different software options that are available to the online list builder, making testing and tracking so much easier than years past.
5. Not tracking email campaigns can create a lot of frustration for the list builder who is actively promoting products and / or services to his or her subscribers. The simple fact is that the email auto responder services provide reports so the marketer can see all the data relating to each and every message sent. So take advantage of using the reports and that way the frustration and guessing can be left to someone else.